Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

this life.

For Sariah.

I am the person that I am because of reasons undefined. Perhaps it was the star's alignment of my birth, or perhaps it was the circumstance of my creation. Maybe it was my mother's will or my father's persistence. Perhaps it was ordained out of grief or happiness. Maybe it was because it was. Maybe it was because this was meant to be.

I finally realize how strong I am. It took me long enough. But how else can you derive what you are, except through trial and error. It's a great experiment of youth, in the beginning.
And I realize that I have had values that I had forgotten along the way. But the trick was...that I caught myself before it was too late. Before, I fell into a dimension of searching for someone I wanted to be and lead a life of self destruction and remorse. But why? I finally asked myself.

We can only be shown the doors to our choices. You have to step through by yourself.

I stepped through a door. I couldn't help myself. My family is the most important thing in my life. Everything I am is because of them, and I am grateful.


On Saturday I got to go to a sparring seminar in Reno.
I was nervous. Like I have said before, my ten year hiatus from TKD left me a little rusty. Especially in sparring.
Wilbur had a good run on me a few days before, and the 15 year old punk got me good. A flying reverse double side kick to my gutt. Ouch. So of course I was a little irritated too. I have since made it my mission in life to beat this kid at sparring.

So I went. It was awesome. I got such a workout, plus now I feel a little more confident in my fakeout reverse side kick (WOO it's cool!). PLUS I learned a new kick. A spiral kick. Yeah. That's right. It's bad.

So where was I going with this? That's right...
CONFIDENCE. It's an inner peace worth accepting.

That's all I have for now. Back to napping on this dreary Sunday..

1 comment:

  1. How is it that you seem to know what I need to hear. You have always been that way, even when I have ignored it. You have a gift. Its strange that even though our lives lost track of each other, we still had to learn many of the same lessons. I'm copying this whole note and saving it on my desktop, I need this in front of me in my life right now. This part especially struck me - thank you.
    "But the trick was...that I caught myself before it was too late. Before, I fell into a dimension of searching for someone I wanted to be and lead a life of self destruction and remorse"

    ReplyDelete