Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Temptation

The Devil draws a line in the sand
Then he claps a good noise
Prances and lands
"Where do you stand?
Where do you stand?"
He asks and he glistens
A big toothy smile
Leans in big ears to listen.
But he doesn't wait for
Me to respond.
"You are taking too long.
You are taking too long!"
So with soft shallow hands
And long taloused nails
He pulls out a cake
Moist, delicate and chocolate to take.
"Come with me, come with me!
Things will be better
You will see, you will see!"
I stop and you look
Notice the line covered in gook
And I hear in the background
A Billion lungs screaming.

"To Hell with That!"
I was quite literal and spat
And I pulled out my
Magnum revolver.
I put one in his head
Shot him down dead
And put another where
His heart should have been.
There was silence for a bit
As the Billion lungs quit
And the cake fell apart
On the landing.

Then all of those eyes
Became my demise
As they looked at me
And they stared.
"I don't know what you all are looking at!
You ate from the cake
And that is that."
They gave in to temptation
From those soft silly hands
And for an eternity they did wonder
Where do they stand.
Where do they stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment